Evercom Systems - EVERCOM

Sacramento, California 2 comments

I called o0n and off for hours today to be told WE are updating our system sorry cant help youcall back what is up with that??? They need compition why can it only be evercom at Butte County Jail or any other-- we should allow other services one where people whom speak english CLEARLY help you with prompt service..

It is appranet they have a corner on the market and really dont care-- I asked is there another way?

I was told, yeah YOU CAN WAIT LADY hugh I said??? Well yes Ill wait do you have a ETA

ahh a few minutes in broken english was the reply

I waited and waited and the come back after 15 monutes Lady I cant help you

Comments

I TRY CALLING THEM AND MY CALLS KEEP GOING TO MAIN MENU, I CAN'T EVEN REACH A HUMAN BEING.

THEN I EMAIL THEM AND THEY KEEP ASKING ME FOR MY PHONE NUMBER AND PSWD CODE. ABOUT A MONTH NOW.

Sardinia, Ohio, United States #71510

This just happen to me also. I have sent e-mails and made several calls and was told by the reps that they are updating their system I can hold but this may take up to 24hrs. This is crazy business.

Evercom Systems - Evercom blocked calls from conscallhome preventing affordable communication with out of state inmate

Reston, Virginia 19 comments

My son is an inmate at the Western Tenn Correctional Facility for his prison term making it nearly impossible to visit from Vermont. I haven't seen him in nine months due to the cost of travel.

I have enjoyed affordable phone calls from conscallhome for three months but then CBS blocked our calls. Now it costs me $18 for a 30 minute phone call. I cannot afford this. Low income people cannot visit or call their loved ones at the very time they need to.

This needs to change.

They simply make the call a local call for a reasonable price. What is the harm?

Comments

hi i have open a account with conscallhome and my son has tried to contact me on my cell phone which it is set up on he says my phone has a block on it he used the dirct number they gave me it does not work what should i do

I just signed up with conscallhome yesterday. I paid in advance for 6mos which is supposed to get me 2 free months.

Did I just waste my money. My son has been calling me collect for the past month which is how long he has been in a PA facility. I'm in New York. I am aware collect calls are expensive.

Should I cancel with CCH and put a stop to the payment immediately. Is there another route I can go for less expensive calls from my son at the facility.

you do not want to get hooked up with cons call home it sounds good but look on the internet all those stories are TRUE!!! if you check with the prison call forwarding is not allowed this is what cons call home is doing if the immate does not get caught using the service its ok but if he does ye suffer great consequences once cons call home gets your money you NEVER get it back i paid 239.00 for 2 lines for a year they promise a refund that was 6 months ago if i call them now they will say im getting a refund all lies i know because i see my story a hundred times on the internet. You could change your cell phone number to a local number where he is at i did it through verizon you have to go to a coorparate store or they will have no clue what you mean any way then the prisoner poays 6 cents a minute to talk to you i do not beleive there is any other charge the whole phone jail thing is a RIP off

I am having many problems with Evercom and Correctional Billing Services as well. Not only was I given incorrect information when setting up a pre-paid account, I was also overcharged and calls were allowed to go beyond the limit, resulting in additional charges.

My brother is now unable to call and my phone is blocked until I pay the overages.

This company is dishonest and does not disclose accurate or complete information. I would be willing to participate in a class action lawsuit.

:( Since when do collect calls get billed through a third party? Who decided that was a cool idea?

Since when is it okay to charge .50 cents per minute on phone lines that are unlimited through the local phone company? Why is it not okay to set up something where inmates can call their family once a day for 15 minutes from a land line using unlimited long distance through AT&T at a minimal charge?

The inmates are not suffering because of the absolutely ridiculous rates these people are charging - it's the family that has to pay the price to speak with their loved ones! Yes, I believe a class action lawsuit is in order.

monopolies were against US in America... this is not a monopoly, there's way more companies like correctional billing services in america. and besides there can only be one company providing service in a single correctional facility, if not it would be way more complicated to contact your inmates, stupids, in most cases you might call it an olygarchy with CBS and GTL competing for the hot spot.

no dumbnut, conscallhome just stopped working with that correctional facility, and now CBS does, clever people really.

concallhome is a true rip off they charge you for service they can not render they know from the gate you can not use the number they give you just a tatic to get your money i have call and call also did research on them the owner tim meade is a convicted felony has been in the federal prison in coleman look him up he a crook in a thief just trying to get rich off of your money think all those 19.50 add up

#120437

For the agent comment...Saying that CBS doesn't set the rates is a cop out to distance yourself from what is happening. If you're not being paid to troll the web then maybe you actually have a heart.

If you do work for them I feel sorry for you. Flipping burgers at McDonald's is a more respectable job than working for them in any capacity.

I have been dealing with this *** for the past two weeks with a block on my line for exceeding my amount on my account...My man is in Kentucky in a facility and I'm located in Pennsylvania and they charge me I believe a dollar something for connection fee and then 17 something for 15 minute call there's not enough time to say hardly anything this is ridiculous forreal and I have no way to visit with him being 11 hours away....Sad in Pa.

I have been dealing with this *** for the past two weeks with a block on my line for exceeding my amount on my account...My man is in Kentucky in a facility and I'm located in Pennsylvania and they charge me I believe 39 cents for connection fee and then 6.50 for 15 minute call there's not enough time to say hardly anything this is ridiculous forreal and I have no way to visit with him being 11 hours away....Sad in Pa.

U guys are so lucky! I am charged with a $3.95 connection fee and 89 cents per minute after that SO THEY SAY...

But its charging me for a 15 minute phone call $21!!

Also, they blocked my calls for some reason! i dont get it...maybe its because i exceeded the $60 limit within a 24 hour period??

I too was taken by conscallhome. They blocked my phone and that same day I cancelled got a confirmation number for having cancelled two months later still haven't recvd my refund.

Called my bank. They credit my account and they will take care of them.

Oh, Okay, so you are telling me that by living less than 2 miles away from the facility my husband is in it's okay for EVERCOM to charge me 5.25 per call? I call ***!!

EVERCOM is worthless!! They have a huge scam going...only 15 min (time limit!!) per call, 1.50 connection charge, and 25 cents a minute. I know I can buy a calling card out here that is 2.9 cents a minute to call OVERSEAS, but my husband can't use it because of some deal EVERCOM has going with the jail?

How is this right OR legal? I thought monopolies were against the law in the U.S....Anybody for a class action lawsuit?

CONS CALL HOME is a rip off. In July 2008 I purchased 1 year upfront for almost $ 200.00 once they verified that LCIW ( Louisiana Correctional Institute for Women) could accept their phone number provided.

LCIW uses GlobalTelink as their phone provider. GlobalTelink will not accept a CCH number because it is a "recycled number". I have not been able to use my phone number one time . The only reply from CCH I have had is that they will cancel my phone number as requested .

STILL no explaination or refund of the $ 200 that they took from my bank card ! This is December 2009 and still fighting this !

Oh... and also, they now won't answer my calls when I try to call...

so I can immediately ask for a REAL supervisor...

who has REAL power to lift blocks. I think they did this right at holiday time to try and jack us!!!!!!!

Well they also blocked calls through at&t on my home phone so that they could force me to prepay... which I refuse to do.

They tried to tell me that my number is not my number... even though they have been billing my number for months... with my name on the phone bill! Then, when I asked to speak with a supervisor, they took forever and I do not believe it was really a supervisor.

A supervisor can lift the block!!!!!!

My husband only has a couple of more months. I can hold out with just letters if Evercom doesn't want my money by lifting the block.

IF THIS COMPANY WANTS TO MAKE MORE PROFFIT THEY NEED TO LOWER THE COST OF CALLS PER MINUTE,INMATES CALLING CARDS AND,IMPROVE THERE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND STAFF,AND ALSO IMPLEMENT A BETTER SYSTEM SO WHEN A PERSON CALLS TO MAKE A PAYMENT THAT IS PAST DUE IT CAN ACCEPT IT.

THUS IF THEY CONTINUE THE WAY THEY CURRENTLY HANDLE AND PRICE EVENTUALLY THEY WILL WITHER DOWN IN PROFITS AND CUSTOMERS THUS ENABLING ANOTHER POTENTIAL COMPANY TO COMPETE AT A MORE REASONABLE RATE AND BETTER CUSTOMER SATISFACTION.

KEEP AT EVERCOM/CBS AND EVENTUALLY YOU WILL LOOSE CUSTOMERS,PROFITS AND JOBSLOSSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :? :cry :( :sigh :( :cry :? :x :x :( :cry :?

Agent

Unfortunatly, Correctional Billing Services doesn't set the rate for the calls. It is a combonation of them, the facility and the phone company.

Not all calls with this company are that much, some calls from some fac. are only .50 per call.

so it all depends on the fac. and how far you are located from it.

Evercom Systems - Call did not go through

Grand Rapids, Michigan 4 comments

I recieved a call from an inmate at the Montgomery County Sherrifs Department. I accepted the call and it said "Thank you for using Evercom".

As soon as this was said, I waited to start the conversation, but it had apparently hung up for no reason. This was at 10:29 am on 8/9/2009. The inmate did call back right after that call and it did go through. I do not think I should be charged for a phone call from Evercom as it did not go through.

I am responsible for the second call right after that. Please adjust my phone bill accordingly.

My phone number is 765-723-1521. Thank you for your time to correct this matter.

Rhonda Johnson

Review about: Evercom Telephone Services.

Comments

i accepeted a callin it went thround but i was not able to hear anything i held the phone in case there was phone problems but the phone hung up i dont feel i should be charged because i wasnt able to speak to the inmate. :cry

Good luck!!!! They told me I would have to wait 30 days to get my refund if they gave it to me. Thats crazy because the wont wait on their money by any means!!!!!!!

Agent

You actually need to contact the company to have this issue fixed. If you don't they will charge you for the call.

The sooner you do it the better. Best of luck

Evercom Systems - Evercom and Tnetixs

Old Town, Maine 4 comments

THis is the worst phone communications i have ever dealt with i called them about 7 times to find out why i couldnt load my loved ones phone account and they couldnt even resolve it so now my loved one cant call me. they really had me pissed off with the experience never again.

*** them.The phone kept disconnected on me makin me waste money that could have been used to talk to my loved one.They didnt even help me there either.I m a very pissed off customer and will never ever go through this again. Pissed off

Comments

I am the one with the contract with the facility .and how do i get them to refund my money?

I have spent over 800.00 dollars on my Tnetix account I got a printout of my calls and there were about 26 calls that were dropped Iwould a refund on those calls but cant get a straight answer on the phone or the correct form on the internet.What do I do?

Agent

Unfortunatly, if they are the ones who have a contract with the facility you are wanting calls from, this is the only way to get them. Usually, as long as you have the dates and times of the calls, they will refund the money you lost.

Evercom Systems - Evercom

Ozark, Alabama 2 comments

Evercom is priced to expensive for the working man

or woman your loved one is already in jail and now

your getting the shaft from a company that employs

people who barely speak english.

I have only spoken to one person who spoke english

and she was very helpful. I was called a liar by one

of their employees. That will be the last time he calls anyone else a liar. Evercom needs to regroup

and have rates you can afford.I have spent $466.00

dollars since April 15th I am busting my butt

to take care of my grangchild and see about my son

I have to have a prepaid acct# because I am a truck driver but evercom is putting me in the poor

house.

Review about: Pre-Paid Phone Service.

Agent

Evercom doesn't set the prices for these calls. It is a combonation of them, the facility and the phone company.

Evercom Systems - Evercom sucks

Springfield, Massachusetts 1 comment

Evercom is charing me for calls I did not receive and dropped calls,

Don't you get enough for a call now without ripping people off like this.

It is ashame that our loved loved ones are going through one of the hardest times of there life and you make it hard for people to stay in touch because your service is to expensive, Like you care.

I hope I or anyone I know ever have to deal with evercom again as long as we live.

If I did not care as much as I do for my friend I would have her write me and never call me again using evercom but unfortunately I can not do that to her, Hope you all sleep well at night.

Comments

Evercom Systems - Playing for Calls Not Received-Correctional Billing Services (Evercom)

Dallas, Texas 6 comments

Every two weeks or so it seems, I am paying a minimum of $50.00 to Correctional Billing Services (Evercom) to receive calls from my son that I do not received. I call to complain; I am told that I must use the internet to do so; at first I did not have access to the internet.

Then when I got access to the internet, I go to their site and find that I must now print out a form to be completed by me, and sent into their offices for review.

They make it far too difficult-almost impossible for a person to ask for a credit or to receive a refund and way too easy for their company to keep the money for a service they do not provide. It is the only telephone service provider (I believe) in this area to provide this type of service from the facility my son is in. This service for people to speak to their love ones, that are in a difficult situation-place, at a difficult time, have no other way to communicate .

Since they have the monoply in our area, they take advantage of this fact (as I see it), by making it almost impossible to even reach customer service, yet alone to speak with anyone or to receive any service at all.

I believe it needs a competitor in this field of service to make it more honest. How about you?

Review about: Telephone Service.

Comments

I was thinking about signing up but now I am not because i work from home and my phone and internet is connected and now way in *** i am having a company playing with my bill

I totally agree. I am currently fighting for overcharges that were billed to my local phone company.

We are only allowed a fifty dollar spending limit and once that has been reached your line is blocked for 90 days and you have to use the prepaid account. I called to ask why they billed my phone company for $108 when I am only allowed to use $50. They tried to give me the run around and one chick was confused b/c I also work in customer service as a supervisor and she had to transfer me. I still feel that I got nowhere i was told they are investigating my account and call back in 24hrs.

Just a way to put you off.

But I am going to fight it. B/c there is no way in h e l l that I am paying double for something that I did not receive.

Damm,, & im about to sign up with them.....

I was also receiving one call a day from a good friend and I am being charged for 2 - 3- & 4 calls a day that I never received , I would really like to put these crooks out of Business.

I am currently going thru the same thing, they charged me for 5 calls and only 2 were received and customer service is useless they keep saying fill out form and the supervisor who told me his name is hector but spoke with an indian accent, like all the other reps, lied to me on the phone i caught him in the lie and he just stayed silent like stuck on *** ***, he thought i was *** till i gave him an education in customer service (i've worked in call centers for 15 years) i know the ins and outs of customer service and they just lie over and over again don't ever ask for asupervisor cuz you'll get another rep telling you there is not other supervisor that you can speak too. how hard can it be to give a credit that is deserved? greedy that's what they are they take advantage of the people out here who's loved one's are in jail.

Evercom Systems - Evercom aka Correctional Billing Services Suck

Washington, District Of Columbia 3 comments

while speaking with my husband the other day we were disconnected cuz they stated one of tried to do a 3 way call well i do not have 3 way calling on my phone service, so no one ever tried a 3 way call, so i called the customer service to dispute this. does anyone speak english?

the reps they have handling calls have a hard time speaking and you can't understand them the only thing i understood after my 5 minute conversation with someone i could not understand was that i needed to file a dispute on their website so this can be investigated. Go to the website and cannot dispute the charge cuz there website is never working properly.

this company is a rip off, 1st there reps are not capable of handling calls that come into their call center, 2nd their reps do not speak english properly and you cannot understand them, 3rd the webiste doesn't work, they have the market cornered for these type of calls they know it and don't care that pople are not getting the proper customer service and they don't care that they are ripping people off...families have a hard enough time when their loved on is in jail and these jokers don't care about their service or their customers. Families with loved ones in jail have a hard enough time then dealing with a company like this...NOT COOL!!!!!

Agent

I used to work at the center in Dallas. We all spoke english there.

As for the 3rd party calls, most of the time that was not on our end. What they don't tell you is that at the facility, they listen to every call. Sometimes when they pick up the phone there to listen tto your calls, the system hears it as someone trying to make a third party call and it hangs up. As for the web site, they are always working on it and I know it is hard when you have a life to handle to try and get on line all the time, but I would say, keep trying until you are able to get the proper info.

The company heads are so strict about that *** policy. When I started there we didn't have that. It was if the call is 3 mins or under full credit, 4-6 mins half credit. One day we came to work and it had changed without any warning.

We all tried to have it changed at the Dallas office. My point in saying all of that, is there are people in the company that care, most of the time our hands are tied.

i know a girl that worked at evercom call center which is located in mexico city, everytime i spoked with her she was concerning about evercom customers 'cause they are fo *** rude but she was also up set about the system she told me she really tried to help people. you people should be taking care of the powerful evercom people instead of being complaining about the reps some of them really suck i know but she says they are funny. lol

Evercom Systems - Now dead

San Antonio, Texas 3 comments

i am pleased cause thanx to evercom screwing us over my mother in law was so *** that evercom was lying about reinburstment for dropped calls that she dropped dead herself from a heart attack my mother in law is dead now due to evercom iam happy but the point to this commnent is that evercom is a murder!!!!!!!!!!!!! i will no longer see her and evercom will remain with a bad reputation until the word has spread all over the area and they will eventually go out of business. I guess that is why they started the business in the first place to go out of business....

Review about: Dropped Calls.

Comments

so 1/3 of the family is in prison and another 1/3 is dead? Only 1/3 to go...

Agent

Not all true. Your Mother in Law would have had to have a bad heart to start with.

There are also MANY veriables. Eating habits, daily stress, the stress of her son in jail, ect.

So you can't blame a company for her death because of some dropped calls, which might I add you are very glad for,what kind of person does that make you. Just waiting for her to up and die.Your comment on this is utter Idiocy.

Evercom Systems - I Am Blocked By Evercom

Phoenix, Arizona 3 comments

It would not be a thing for Evercom to block collect calls if they did the billing on my phone and I failed to pay them. But they bill through 3rd party billing. So what right do they have to block my phone? Additionally, the amount they charge is outrageous. Their pricing is highway robbery and the detention facilities should contract with another company. However, it is doubtful they will do so.

They probably get a cut from Evercom.

If Evercom is not getting paid by my phone company, they should take it up with them and not me.

Evercom is not providing service but a dis-service.

Review about: Collect Calls.

EVECOM TOOK $5O OFF MY PHONE AND I CANT RECEIVE CALLS

Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India #71488

iv had an account with evercom for over 3 years i changed my phone number and they wont add my account to my new number and im billed thru my local phone company theyr idiots